Tuesday, May 19, 2009

EIB Blues

So, is it just me, or am I now the only one in Indiana who things that global warming might, perhaps, not completely sure, but maybe could have something to do with what humans have been doing with pollution for the past 150 years? I mean, I could be wrong, but I just have a hard time ignoring the possibility when most people who hold PhDs in the world think that we could have something to do with it. I guess I feel a little dumb when I try and agree with Garison in the Morning when he uses the "volcano-pumps-as-much-green-house-gas-as-all-our-cars-combined-argument," for the nth time.

Listening to conservative talk radio has been a breath of fresh air, no pun intended...when they talk about pro-life issues. But on most other topics, the radio personalities just don't have a whole lot to say...unless you call creating straw man arguments, label them as "Obamametrics" and then proceed to knock 'em down with with a bunch of hot air.

It's not culture shock, at least I hope not. It's just that when you try to use those "arguments" across the pond people don't really respond to you, they just roll their eyes. I'm not saying I want to be a Euro-liberal, I just want to hear real arguments, a real line of reasoning that I could use if I wanted to actually have an intelligent conversation with someone who might think a little differently. Maybe I just want the Excellence in Broadcasting network to be a little more, well...excellent. Is it a bad thing that I prefer NPR to conservative talk radio?

No comments:

Readers